As part of the JISC-funded Orbital project, we are starting to offer introductory training to (initially) postgraduate students, on how to look after their research data.
I’ll be arranging further workshops aimed more at staff in due course.
MANAGING YOUR RESEARCH DATA
The Graduate School – University of Lincoln Multiple dates throughout 2013
Research data management is an important part of the research process, and a vital part of academic practice. This one-hour workshop will include a presentation and discussion of what you should consider when creating, looking after, and sharing/publishing your research data.
The workshop will cover:
- What do we mean by research data?
- Policies affecting your data
- Data Management Planning (DMP)
- The research data lifecycle
- Practical tools for looking after your data
- Data publishing and citation
- Where to go for help
Postgraduate students can book a place on a workshop, online at: http://uolresearchdata.eventbrite.co.uk/