The final within-project version of the Orbital Research Data Management training materials are now live on the Orbital Researcher Dashboard website. They have been written collaboratively by the Orbital project team, and draw on a lot of existing RDM training and guidance material from across the web (in particular, from the DCC).
We intend that these materials will continue to be maintained and developed as part of the new University-wide research information service mentioned in a previous blog post.
The training materials can be accessed at https://orbital.lincoln.ac.uk/ and cover the following areas:
- What is research data?
- The research data lifecycle
- Policies affecting your research data
- Data Management Planning (DMP)
- Data search and discovery tools
- Data storage and security
- Legal and ethical issues
- Tools for working with your data
- Data publishing and citation
- Licences for sharing your data
- Data curation and preservation
- Workshops and training events
- Help and support
The source text for each page is stored in an open Github repository (at http://github.com/unilincoln/rdm) in Markdown format. The page admin tools in the Researcher Dashboard can then be used to link to the source document, which is then formatted in the University’s Common Web Design.
These web pages will be used to support the ongoing RDM training for postgraduate students, which will shortly be rolled out to University staff.