Our aim is to release a new version of Orbital every month until the end of the year. Yesterday, we released version 0.3, which, as well as many small improvements and bug fixes, improves the handling of dynamic datasets and begins work on implementing and integrating ownCloud with Orbital. Here’s the changelog.
- Improvements to project activity timelines:
- Public/private modes
- Calendar events
- Improvements to filetype handling and file uploads
- Improvements to file management, collections and private/public modes
- Dynamic datasets:
- A working query builder
- Queries can be saved and re-run against data
- CSV output of data for use by external tools e.g. Matlab
- Working Datasets:
- Preparation for ownCloud integration (integration with Lincoln SSO, evaluation of product, contact with developers)
The plan for version 0.4 is full ownCloud integration with Orbital via the respective APIs, which will provide the first part of the overall Orbital workflow: ‘Working Data’ -> ‘Dynamic Data’ -> Archive Files. During two weeks in August we’ll also be setting up our own private in-house cloud using OpenStack and moving Orbital in-house from Rackspace.